Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sleep

Nighttime. Foggy sky, yellow from light pollution. Chilly, damp. Walking to the grocery store.

Things I like:
The feel of my heel-to-toe on the pavement.
Listening to tranquil metal music and watching snowflakes reappear and disappear through the light of a street lantern.
Crossing the street.
The tingling in my nose and cheeks as I walk through the grocery store.
Smiling at the cashier - a severe situation of sympathy.
That proud feeling in my gut that I went the extra 15minutes for the good yogurt.

Things I dislike:
Half a pair of mittens lying beside the train tracks.
Getting closer to my pad.



It's quite comforting to me that I enjoy more than I suffer. Huzzah! Btw, I just invented "tranquil metal music." If you believe in big foot, believe me in this - sightings are rare and usually fabricated. But enjoy the fact that McDonald's sells cans of Red Bull. We're halfway to a Jägerbomb, kids!

No comments: