Sunday, December 21, 2008

Passau Hbf

Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in morning, sailor take warning.

I am on my journey to Berlin and everything was going well until I found out that I can only take the snail-slow trains to Berlin, which pushes my arrival time back three hours. GAH. I will also need to change trains five times. Cross your fingers for me!

Fortunately, there is a really nice computer center right here at the train station. Enough time purchased to shoot my host an 'I will be terribly late' email along with a short blog update. (7 minutes of time remaining)

Riding trains in Austria can get a bit hairy. For one, the small trains are more like buses: one car and a button to push when you want to get off. There is also a 50% chance that your stop won't be called out. I sit a bit white-knuckled through those rides, especially when I don't know what my stop looks like. Everything else is alright. But I am a bit relieved to be in Germany. As long as there won't be any cancelations or delays... *knock on wood*

Time is running out... well, I wish you all safe travels and good times during the holidays!

1 comment:

Eric Shonkwiler said...

Europe is weird.

Happy holidays to your face.