Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Matura - Time

The students and teachers alike are in an uproar all over Austria. It is that terrible time of the year, Matura time.

The Matura is the cumulative standard examination that all Austrian students have to take (and pass) in order to graduate. In Britain, they are called 'A-levels'. My students say this as if it would make it easier for me to understand. Right.

Like I said, it's a cumulative exam in over three subjects. I believe the student has the choice of which three but still. I hope you kept your notes from that freshman year biology course 'cause you're gonna need them!

That's this week's chaos, which results in anti-chaos for me. I am left to observe and wave flags to root for the students (figuratively). This Saturday, the English teachers have enlisted me for an entire day of test correction. Woo!

No comments: