Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Question-Answer Game

Second day is already finished and it's only mid morning. My classes on Thursdays and Fridays begin at 7:30am. That entails waking up at 6:10am. I'm ready for a nap.

Today was more interesting. I basically led a 5th year class (high school freshmen) in a discussion and activity (that I had devised myself - I'm quite proud!) with the teacher prompting students to interact. The second class, directly after, was the 8th class - the last level of English. With them, I basically fielded fireball questions like:

What do you think of Austrian boys?
Who do you think will be the next American president?
Do you think America should have gone into Iraq?
Are you proud to be an American?

and more tame questions like:

Do you like sports?
What do you miss most from America?
Have you ever met a celebrity?

Needless to say, some questions required a little more finesse than others. It's fun but I have to work at forming interesting answers. A darker, more mischievous side of me wants to fabricate. :P But nah, I wouldn't!

I discovered that I am not to open my window at night. I woke up this morning with *counts* 5 huge, red, lumpy mosquito bites on my right arm. Two on my hand. They look quite awkward, as if I were a teenager with serious acne or an idiot who'd stuck their arm in a beehive. I smooshed a slow moving mosquito this morning, who was probably laden with my blood, and he left a large red puddle on my palm. Bastard. I hope he was the only one.

Besides having mailed my absentee ballot today, nothing much new has happened. The weekend looks to be full and fun and I've been checking flight prices to Sweden. But they are appallingly expensive and yet I want to go... almost need to go. I want to see a familiar face. Does anybody want to give me a private jet?

As per request, here is my address:

Katie Konrad
Riedbergstrasse 1
4910 Ried im Innkreis
Austria

But please DO NOT put value on packages, if you can avoid it! If you do, I will have to pay taxes, duties, or some such other imposed fee.

Things I like...: photos, candy, tea, letters :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, you met a celebrity--The Rat Catcher!